Lead 3D Artist
Join our talented and inventive team at a Lead level, playing a crucial part in the artistic components of our virtual reality products.View job details
Whether you check all the boxes or not, we always want to hear from skilful individuals who want to make a difference.Apply now
We’re designers, artists, developers, engineers, visionaries, and the makers of the metaverse. Mesmerising experiences and immersive products that solve real-world problems are our specialities.
Using ground-breaking technologies and an abundance of creativity, our virtual reality production studio propels businesses to the present and skyrockets them to the future.
We form part of the renowned VR company, Mesmerise. Having collected over 6 years of experience in our niche, developing one-of-a-kind virtual experiences, we created Born to bring metaverse visions to life.
We are looking for a talented generalist Lead 3D Artist to join a close-knit team of highly-skilled technical and 3D artists. As Lead, you’ll be responsible for spearheading projects and correspondingly guiding mid and senior-level artists as you go. This role will offer an amazing opportunity to delve in to Metaverse and VR digital twin projects, while working in the way you want: in-office, remote, or hybrid!
- Take the lead in the artistic section of our virtual reality projects - ranging from artistic direction to mentoring.
- Design, model, texture, rig, and animate virtual assets.
- Work with the team during the iterative design process and provide expertise in the 3D modelling pipeline
- Ensure that the 3D assets are optimised to deliver smooth experiences in VR and minimising adverse effects, such as motion sickness
- Set up and maintain a software repository for 3D assets and large files, ideally with version control
- 5+ years of experience as a 3D artist, graphic designer, visual effects artist, or a similar position in the design industry
- A good understanding of creating bespoke textures inside of Substance Painter and Substance Designer.
- Proficiency in 3D design techniques like digital sculpting, procedural modelling, edge modelling, and box/subdivision modelling
- Solid proficiency in realtime mobile 3D asset pipelines and digital content creation tools such as 3D Studio Max, Maya, Blender etc.
- Familiarity with VR engines such as Unity, Unreal etc.
- Great communication skills - with the ability to communicate ideas efficiently and effectively to the wider teams.
- Experience with animations for Unity and/or Unreal engine.
- A good understanding of human anatomy and character creation.
- Experience with Unity’s Shadergraph.
Santa Monica, USA